Hello

I set this blog up because I've heard too many people tell me about the features they wrote for Mark's narrative writing class and thought "holy shit, I wanna read that!" Feel free to put up anything you want on here... Features, opinion pieces,ideas that you pitched that didn't make the Times, Times stuff that you think we should all read again, stuff you've done for things other than school, links to funny shit, short stories, poetry, diary entries, paranoid ramblings, racist propaganda, direct personal attacks on other people; I don't care. I just wanna read your writing. This is your chance to show people the stuff that you keep saved on your computer because your proud of it, but has never seen the light of day. Don't be shy.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sooo.

I decided to post links to my own shitty writing to make you feel better about your own and hopefully convince you to contribute to my pipe dream

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/6586093-more-random-poetry-yhey

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/6236141-that-skeleton-in-my-closet-pt-3

Ya, so have fun with that. And maybe post your own stuff?

3 comments:

  1. Read the first piece of poetry up there -- Wow! That's amazing stuff, man. It really started to come together around the part where you talked about the lady living in the walls. It's hard to critique poetry -- or at least I don't fully how to -- but it seemed "fully conceptualized", if that makes sense.

    To me, poetry's about an emotion or group of emotions that are hard to describe and in this piece they seemed fully realized and accurately described. I might read it again and try and post a thorough analysis, if you don't mind. I love doing this kind of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my second read through 'skeleton' and i still like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys. and ya Dylan go for it.

    ReplyDelete